June 23, 2010
Commissioner Haas Presents New Bicycles and Helmets to CYCLE Kids Contest Winners at the Morse School
June 23, 2010 -- Commissioner Robert C. Haas of the Cambridge Police Department presented new bicycles, helmets, and locks to two 4th grade students from the Morse School in Cambridge as part of the CYCLE Kids initiative. Commissioner Haas is an avid bicyclist and was proud to take part in this event to support CYCLE Kids and the work they are doing to educate children and help them make healthy lifestyle choices.
May 4, 2010
Wednesday, May 16th 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Palmer Street, Harvard Square
As residents and businesses of Harvard Square come together to welcome back Harvard alumni, keep an eye out for a special hello from CYCLE Kids.
In honor of National Bike Month, CYCLE Kids will be out on Palmer Street to welcome these returning alumni and their families and to test their bicycle safety and nutrition knowledge.
March 11, 2010
For Allen Freeman, a resident of The Colony, Texas, running the 2010 Boston Marathon will make a 30-year-old dream come true. He reminisces, “I grew up in the Boston area, spending my summers in Taunton and on Cape Cod. I fell in love with running in 1978 when my grandmother and I watched Alberto Salazar, Joan Benoit and Team Hoyt compete in the Falmouth Road Race.” From that day forward, Allen has been hooked on running and on the Boston Marathon.
January 28, 2010
Boston’s Just the Beginning! A Chat with Julianne Idlet from CYCLE Kids
Yesterday, I was privileged enough to sit down with Julianne Idlet, the founder of CYCLE Kids, a nonprofit organization that runs in-school bike safety and nutrition classes at schools in the metro Boston area.
December 7, 2008
By Delia Marshall
Mon Dec 08, 2008, 11:13 AM EST
(wickedlocal.com and Somerville Journal)
Somerville – Bicycling has been at the hub of an exciting program at the West Somerville Neighborhood School this fall. 4th graders, working with physical education teacher Neil Holloway and Police Officer Maryanne Manfra, are learning to ride with confidence, and with a new awareness of how to keep safe and healthy.
November 11, 2007
While the organization benefiting from Flavors of Fall changes every year, Schiavone says his group works with community leaders to learn about local organizations “that are doing great work, but that might not be in the public spotlight or have access to the resources that large nonprofits have.” For the 2007 event, Cambridge City Councilor Craig Kelley introduced BostonChefs to CYCLE Kids.
Search the Blog
Newsletter Sign Up
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter. Please enter your email below:
- February 27th — This warm weather has us thinking about spring! Check out the CK Family Hub for these refreshing smoothie recipes: https://t.co/uB6mymMtJm
- February 27th — Visit https://t.co/OZw0iziPM2 for all things CK! Check it out to see what we've been up to, from new program openings to a big event!
- February 24th — Is the snow keeping you indoors? Try out this treadmill workout challenge this weekend to switch things up! https://t.co/wSSMtZZLH1
- February 23rd — A great way to support CYCLE Kids is by helping our 2017 Boston Marathon team in their fundraising efforts! Visit: https://t.co/6jIOEdbYqe
- February 22nd — Check out https://t.co/FabhasaTWd for great recipes, shopping tips, + information about how to keep you and your family healthy + happy!